I know there are tons of these posts going around all the time, especially recently since dashcon raised all that money so quickly. But I really need your help, and I hope you give me a chance.
This is Mica. She is a 10 week old kitten that was born a polydactyl, meaning she has more than the normal four toes on each foot. There are a lot of cats born like this, and it usually doesn’t have a negative affect on their life, or much affect at all. I adopted her two weeks ago when she was a bouncing, happy kitten like her siblings. My mother bought her for me to help me with my anxiety, and to get over the death of the first cat I bought myself several years ago, who died of kidney failure two months ago.
When I first got Mica she was a little strange; her foster mother said she was shy and a bit skittish because she came from a hoarding case that ended badly. We had adopted from a rescue shelter before, and this was nothing new; we had gotten through it before and kittens tend to be very adaptable. She played, purred and took naps like any normal kitten, but she was constantly licking her paws and laying down in the middle of playing for no reason.
Then she started to waddle around like her feet were hurting her. I was concerned and took her to my local vet. He told me that, after some examination and an x-ray, her extra toe on three of her feet had become ingrown. I don’t know if any of you have ever had an ingrown nail, but just a little ingrown hair hurts; imagine it on your foot, times three. I was completely shocked and horrified to learn this, because the rescue group we had gotten her from never said anything.
I contacted them about this, and in short they didn’t bother to check it out because her brother and sister were both polydactyls and were fine. I couldn’t believe this was their excuse; I knew that some rescues didn’t keep track of their rescues after they were adopted (that’s what happened with our previous adoptions) but ignoring their physical needs to save some money was ridiculous.
I contacted them, and unfortunately since the problems started showing physical signs after the adoption, there’s nothing they can do, and nothing I can make them. My veterinarian has estimated that each foot will cost around $150 to sedate Mica and remove the nail. Already that’s up to $450, then there will be more for pain and anti-infection meds, which I have found to be around $50 or $60 from previous experience. That’s $500 at least, on top the $80 for the general check-up plus the x-ray. I am completely opposed to de-clawing cats, but this is causing her pain everyday and will get infected if left untreated, which could kill her. She’s only 10 weeks old and far more delicate than an adult cat.
This cat is the world to me; I just lost my first cat that I bought myself and though it’s only been a two weeks since I got Mica, she has made a huge difference. Since she is my cat, I have to pay for her with little to no help from my parents. My bills for food, gas, and my prescription for migraines has whittled me down to hardly $200. I can’t start my new job until the second week of August because I will be out of town for two weeks before for personal reasons. Even if I do a payment plan, I am literally down to my last penny if I want to get this done while sustaining my self as well.
Please. I hate asking for money, I hate depending on people who have their own problems. But my family believes that once you’re 18, you’re an adult. I’m on my own with this, and the best I can do is give it my all and hope for some sympathy from you guys. I don’t want to give her up to that rescue group who neglected her, or give her to a humane society where nobody would want her because she has medical bills no one wants to pay. Every single penny counts, and it appreciated beyond measure.
Even if you cannot donate, please reblog to spread the word. I don’t want to lose my cat. I can’t take another loss like this.
- sheridanblog reblogged this from karamelmilk
- sheridanblog likes this
- karamelmilk reblogged this from kelpls
- karamelmilk likes this
- insert-shitty-hipster-url-here reblogged this from kelpls
- bucketfillingtime likes this
- verysexypotatoes reblogged this from ererifeels
- verysexypotatoes likes this
- its--a-three-patch-problem reblogged this from kelpls
- leek-seikatsu reblogged this from kelpls
- the-misunderstood-villain reblogged this from iwillpooponthefloor
- claire-drinks-spooky-lemonade likes this
- iwillpooponthefloor reblogged this from jillianremes
- comme-laurier-rose reblogged this from jillianremes
- frozenpineapple-iv reblogged this from jillianremes
- frozenpineapple-iv likes this
- lindsaytheunicorn likes this
- lindsaytheunicorn reblogged this from animegam3r
- animegam3r reblogged this from bakahodge
- animegam3r likes this
- bakahodge reblogged this from jillianremes
- toms45 reblogged this from kelpls
- abrandnewtomorrow reblogged this from jillianremes
- altariatxt reblogged this from jillianremes
- arthurkirklandismine99 likes this
- fandom-mashup reblogged this from jillianremes
- lovely-ghoul reblogged this from ererifeels
- lockedoore reblogged this from queenkanaya
- omegarubyyo reblogged this from ererifeels
- spoopyscary-nerd reblogged this from jillianremes
- bruhgly reblogged this from jillianremes
- harukachan143 reblogged this from jillianremes
- larrytheoctopus likes this
- kagenui likes this
- dadbutts-dot-jpg reblogged this from ererifeels
- dadbutts-dot-jpg likes this
- xxcinnamonbear reblogged this from kelpls and added:
- historiesmerlin reblogged this from petal-parasol
- xyuujitan likes this
- ezikiallucascalling reblogged this from skyekg
- ezikiallucascalling likes this
- skyekg reblogged this from ererifeels and added:
- skyekg likes this
- acornicus likes this
- larryyesplease reblogged this from ererifeels
- rave-cave reblogged this from paradedemon
- rave-cave likes this
- monsterteetth reblogged this from jillianremes
- monsterteetth likes this
- s3apuk3 likes this